Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jungle Gym in My Room?

Photobucket

For the early part of my childhood, I was very spoiled. It wasn't because I asked for a lot. I was just the only one my parents had to provide for for about four years. In turn, I had a lot of gadgets and toys. I enjoyed most of them.

One that stands out the most in my memory, though, is the Fisher Price jungle gym I had in my room. I'm unsure if this was where the manufacturers meant for this greatly assembled piece of plastic to go but I was not complaining. I could play on a jungle gym, not only on the playground at school and at the park, but also in my own home. I think it it's amazing that something that is usually huge and found outside can be made small enough, without losing its touch, to go fit inside of a bedroom.

There were openings that were hard for my mother and father to enter, yet very easy for me to. This object was designed specifically for people my size. Something else that was great about the jungle gym is that, it was not made of wood, glass, nor metal. It was made a plastic which helped me avoid a lot of pain, as it would a lot of other clumsy children.

The colors of the gym were pleasing to the eye. Lots of colors also made it a good learning mechanism. Parents of children learning colors could question the color of slide they were sliding down as mine did. The jungle gym in my room was an apparatus of fun and learning, simultaneously.

If that's not great design, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment