Sunday, October 10, 2010

to be inspired...

Photobucket

The mentors of my design class gave advice to the class during the first week of school. One said, "The library is a really cool place." Another said to check out the fourth floor of the library. Today, I had to take a book back to the library reserves. Before I exited the building, I had the urge to run to the fourth floor and see what was so amazing.

Because I am becoming more interested in interior design, that was the section I was in. I was there for about thirty minutes, although I wanted to stay longer. I found three books that I just had to check out. One in particular that I am excited about reading is Creative Space: Urban Homes of Artists and Innovators by Francesa Gavin. Just flipping through the pages and seeing pictures of artist all over the globe makes my heart pump faster. I am interested in reading what they are inspired by and how they got into their fields. Everyone has a back story. That, to me, is what makes them unique.

Photobucket

Design has a way of displaying our innermost thoughts to the world, even when we don't realize. I have been following Donna over at Soul Pretty for a while now. She's an interior deisgn based in New York. I am always inspired to create something when I visit her blog. I just learned her story. It makes me want to keep going for my dreams of becoming a designer.

I want to be like the designers that I look up to, using my experience as a springboard to achieving my goals. I aspire to inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment